Students thinking globally, reporting locally

JETStream

University of Alabama

Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama

The cost of attending the college for an Alabama Resident:

• Tuition: $5,085
  • College Course Fees: $400.00
  • Dining Dollars Account: $325.00
  • Residence Hall Room: $4,400.00
  • Meal Plan: $1,715.00
  • Parking Decal: $340.00
  • Books and Supplies: $600.00
  • Total: $12,865.00

Application Fee: $40

Application Requirements:

1. Complete the University of Alabama application for admission. If you are not applying online, submit your print application with a check or money order for $40 made payable to The University of Alabama. The application fee is nonrefundable. Return your print application to The University of Alabama, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Box 870132, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0132.
  2. If you would like to be considered for scholarships, complete the University of Alabama application for scholarships at mybama.ua.edu by December 15.
  3. Have your ACT or SAT score(s) sent to us. Our ACT code is 0052 and our SAT code is 1830. Information on these tests is available from your high-school counselor or from the test services: ACT, Box 451, Iowa City, IA 52243; SAT, College Board ATP, Box 592, Princeton, NJ 08541.
  4. Have your most recent official high-school transcript sent to The University of Alabama, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Box 870132, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0132.
  5. Complete all of the preceding steps by February 1 for priority admissions consideration for fall semester.

Founded in 1831 as Alabama’s first public college, The University of Alabama is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and service. We provide a creative, nurturing campus environment where our students can become the best individuals possible, can learn from the best and brightest faculty, and can make a positive difference in the community, the state and the world.

The University of Alabama is a student centered, research university and one of the top 50 public universities in the country. As a Unit of the Office for Research and Economic Development, OSP encourages Research, Instruction and Public Service through support of faculty and University personnel in the pursuit and administration of externally funded grants and contracts, in compliance with the requirements established by Federal and State laws, sponsor rules and regulations and University policies and procedures

Life at UA is defined by opportunities. They have many clubs and organizations and a well built student government. There are many ways to engage yourself in clubs and community events and take a break from studying. If you enjoy the arts, you can take advantage of a rich and varied schedule of musical, dance and theatre performances, art galleries and exhibitions, lectures and readings by writers, poets and experts on every topic imaginable. You can enrich your knowledge of the state and university’s history by visiting one of UA’s fine museums, which house countless historical artifacts and offer hands-on exploration opportunities. The University of Alabama offers a complete educational, cultural and social experience. Whatever your interests, you’ll find a group, an organization, an activity or a program that will appeal to you at UA.

Yea Alabama, Crimson Tide! If you enjoy watching or participating in championship sports, or reveling in a unique gameday atmosphere, then you will feel right at home at The University of Alabama. From football, to gymnastics, to basketball, to baseball to rowing, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, swimming/diving, tennis, track and field, and volleyball, The University of Alabama can boast 25 team NCAA Championships and countless more conference championships and individual achievements. Intramural sports, club sports, sports for students with disabilities, and a student recreation center ranked among the best in the nation give every student an opportunity to participate in the pride and tradition that define Alabama athletics.

Overall, the University of Alabama is a college filled with opportunities whether it be sports, research, or even participating among clubs and the student government.