DIY Homemade Klondike Bars!
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
With this recipe, you can now make your own Klondike bars whenever you feel like having them! It’s super easy to make and really tasty to eat!
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 16 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup+2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Line a 9×9-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
- If you are using homemade ice cream, churn the ice cream and then immediately spread it into the prepared pan. If you are using store-bought ice cream (or already-churned homemade ice cream), let it soften in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, and then spread it in the prepared pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- When ready to cut the ice cream, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the pan from the freezer and, using the foil or parchment overhangs, lift the block of ice cream out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Working quickly, cut the ice cream into 9 even squares, using a biscuit cutter or a sharp knife. Use a flat stainless steel spatula to lift the squares onto the baking sheet lined with parchment. Place the baking sheet with the squares of ice cream in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare your chocolate coating. Set a medium-sized bowl over a small saucepan with about an inch of water in it. Turn the heat to low and place the chocolate in the bowl, stirring occasionally, until it is completely melted. Once the chocolate is melted, add the coconut oil and stir until it has been completely melted and incorporated into the chocolate. The mixture will be very thin. Turn off the heat, remove the bowl from the top of the saucepan and place on a wire cooling rack. Stir occasionally and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once the ice cream squares have been in the freezer for at least an hour and the chocolate mixture has reached room temperature, remove the baking sheet from the freezer. Working very quickly, use a large fork to dip one ice cream square at a time into the chocolate mixture, ensuring that it is completely coated. Lift it out and place it back on the parchment-lined sheet. Repeat with all of the ice cream squares and then return the sheet with the chocolate-coated squares to the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- 6. At this point, you can dip the squares again for a nice, thick chocolate coating (which is what I did), or you can be finished. If you dip them again, follow the same process as above, and again allow to freeze for at least 30 minutes following dipping. Once you are finished, you can wrap each square individually in plastic wrap, place in a zip-top freezer bag and store in the freezer.
HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR HOMEMADE KLONDIKE BARS!