What to do During Spring Break
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Guys, I hate to break it to you, but spring break is in two weeks. Two. Weeks. Cue the squealing with excitement. Woo.
If you haven’t already made plans to do something, I have ideas for you!
- Sleep. Sleeping is fun and great. And after this term, I’m sure you’re all crying from lack of sleep. Students need sleep. Teachers need to give less – I mean, we really need sleep. So, with these 9 days (weekends included), take the time to catch up on much needed sleep. Slip into dreamland. Sleeeeeeep…
- Cry. I know, I know, you’re all thinking – wait, what, but this 9 weeks is over! It’ll be easier next 9 weeks. Well, then, you’re supposed to realize that this means that AP exams are that much closer. And so is graduation. And so is college. And so is.. BUM, BUM, BUM.. adulting. And marriage. And children. And death. And so, after all this thinking, you need a cookie – and a good, long cry.
- Hang out with friends. It’s a known fact that socialization boosts levels of happiness, and so, talk to people. Plan meetings with them, plan friend dates – or date-dates – and get those happiness levels waaay up before you have to come back to school. (Because you’ll need it when reality comes crashing down.)
- Read a book. All right, hear me out. Books allow people to escape reality and drift into a world of awesome things like ninjas and dragons and wizards and lions, tigers, and bears – oh my! If you read a book, then your mind won’t be totally adrift when you come back to school, and you might even learn something new over the break. Wait, you’re right, that’s a terrible idea.
- Get that beach bod ready for summer. Oh, wait, sources tell me that the beach-body is supposed to be ready for spring break because apparently a lot of people go to the beach. But, either way, start a new exercise regime and then afterwards you can go out and eat ice cream with the knowledge that you’ll never have to force your body to do that ever again.
- Go to a movie. Well, there just isn’t anything else to do. And there’s 9 days, like I said, so, yeah. Enjoy sitting in the dark for 2 of the 216 hours that you have to lollygag.
- Go outdoors. Well, this one is just plain crazy. But, hiking and biking are fun, and you should try it. Maybe if the pool is open, you can do that too. In our area we have Rainbow Mountain and Monte Sano for hiking. We have a thing on Mill Road, a trail behind Heritage Elementary, and this trail by Bridge Street when you take Old Madison Pike for bikes. Anyways, I recommend fresh air for spring break. It’s nice to connect with the wildlife of the area, even if it’ll mostly be squirrels.
- Take a vacation. If you haven’t already planned a big vacation to, like, France or Italy or the beach or something, well you can take a daycation to Nashville or Knoxville or Birmingham or Atlanta or Montgomery or Chattanooga because people from this area are 1-2 hours from the nice cities where people sing and put on shows and whatnot. So, go see a show or enjoy one of those beautiful cities. Shoo. Shoo.
- Eat a lot of food. Just go stuff your little faces to your hearts’ content. There isn’t much else to do, so eating always works out. Food is happiness. Food is life.
Yeah, so, that’s all I got. Hang in there guys, we can last until spring break at least! And, hey, just enjoy your breaks when you get them.