Students thinking globally, reporting locally

JETStream

My Love for Music

Allyson Williams, Guest Writer

Music has been a huge part of my life.

I love not just listening, but also playing music to get an educational experience. Most of my family members used to either played an instrument in band or sang in a choir. My story of  music started when I was seven years old and the first instrument I played was an accordion. After that, I played a small trombone and then I played a recorder. I remember I used to walk around the house, playing many instruments and then I would ask my parents to join in make it like a band. I would play one instrument and then I ask for another one.

Then, when I was about eleven years old, my parents brought my first violin and signed me up for private lessons. I have continued to take lessons for 6 years.  When I started middle school, I was supposed to take technology, but my schedule said that I had to take band because the class was full. I knew that a violin wouldn’t be in a band, so my sister let me play her clarinet and I began to love it and continued playing in band for 5 years. I am currently in the Madison City Youth Orchestra, playing the violin and also part of the James Clemens Concert Band playing clarinet.

I believe that the love of music that I have early in my life has shaped my future. I know that I am a musical artist because of that. Music has been a true gift given to me that I enjoyed to do. Performing or visual arts is something that people would love to do to take some time of schoolwork during school. It allows them to express themselves in many ways.

1 Comment

One Response to “My Love for Music”

1. Trevor Harrison on September 1st, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi
    This is not about your story (which is great by the way, but I couldn’t find a contact us page. My name is Trevor Harrison and last year I became Editor-In-Chief of the Oakland Tech Scribe. The job has presented a lot of challenges for me but I also feel like I have learned a lot. Unlike some of you, my school did not provide a class, an advisor to help us hone our skills or a space for us to work. This has made producing a quality monthly newspaper really hard but it has also given me and the other Scribe staff members a lot of power and an opportunity to write about what is important to us free from the adult supervision that permeates the rest of our lives. What have your experiences with that been?
    Over the last couple of months I have been looking for a space where I can share what I have figured out as a newspaper editor and share the problems I still have to see whether anyone else has found solutions. It seems like that doesn’t really exist outside of short, expensive and distant conventions. I am trying to create a forum for high school newspaper editors in which we can discuss questions like how do you get people to read your paper? How do you recruit people to your staff? How do you motivate your staff to create quality work? How do you distribute your paper? How do you respond to controversy?
    I believe that if we can get newspaper editors from around the country or at least from around the state to communicate we can create something really valuable and learn a lot from each other. To that end I have create a Google Group called Editors Talk: The High School Newspaper Forum. You can find it here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/editors-talk-the-high-school-newspaper-forum .I strongly encourage your editors to check this forum out and join in the conversation. We are still in our early stages so please feel free to create a thread you are interested in and spread the word. Let’s make this happen!
    Thanks,
    Trevor Harrison

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• My Love for Music

Current Events

How the Darkness of the Eclipse Brightened My View

• My Love for Music

Showcase

JAMES CLEMENS SWEEPS SECTION 4 CLASS 7A SECTION TRACK &FIELD CHAMPIONSHIP

• My Love for Music

School News

Staying Alive During AP Exams

• My Love for Music

Showcase

JAMES CLEMENS TRACK TEAM SWEEPS THE HUNTSVILLE METRO CHAMPIONSHIP

• My Love for Music

Showcase

Hacks to Being More Successful

• My Love for Music

Showcase

St. Patrick’s Day

• My Love for Music

Creative Corner

6 Plants to Grow for a Beginner Gardener

• My Love for Music

People of JC

Baseball and Softball Promos by JetsPress

• My Love for Music

People of JC

Clubs and Why They Help You in High School

• My Love for Music

Opinion

What to do During Spring Break

My Love for Music