Students thinking globally, reporting locally

JETStream

Costumes That Are Banned

Costume banned in Colleges.

#5-Native AmericansA Canadian university student says “campus climate that prevents costumes reinforcing harmful stereotypes around race, gender, culture and mental health” Students thought native americans costumes were too offensive with some people.

#4-Confederate flagStudents are told not to use Confederate flag in their costumes that would represents a culture’s’ traditional dress’.

#3-Geisha OutfitsStudents at this University thought that the costumes about culture, traditional, or anything with historical events that is important to anyone should be respected. A student says “Vetting Halloween costumes isn’t a matter of telling people what to wear. It’s a matter of paying respect to the stories and experiences of marginalized groups who are depicted in these costumes: their culture, history and lives should never be desecrated, but understood and celebrated.”

#2-CrossdressingAll thought some people are not offended by this, others may have a different idea. Some people dress up like a crossdresser just for fun and have no intention to offend people. Others who dress up like a crossdresser do it for a prank and makes fun of people who do that, when that happens then people get offensive. This becomes a problem, so the university did the only thing they could to make sure no uproar was made, so they banned crossdressing costumes.

#1-Traditional religious dressPeople might think you might be making fun of people’s traditional dress and create a complication that has no need to be brought. Plus, people might mistake you as an actually religious people and can get paid, which can be illegal because you are producing false advertisement.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3862792/Halloween-costumes-banned-offensive.html#ixzz4OK5uZqb6

Costumes banned from school

#5-Any costumes with fake weaponsThough the weapons are fake, children can use fake weapons in a violent way, therefore schools have decided not to promote that type of violent behavior.

#4-Cowboys, Geishas, and SquawThe Dean at the University of Colorado Boulder thought that cowboys, geishas, and squaw were too racist and could be identified as cultural identities as well as overly sexualized, such as geishas.

#3-Cross DressingAn Eastchester, N.Y. school thought cross-dressing should be banned to “stop students from mocking gay, bisexual and transgendered students as a costume prank.”

#2-JesusPeople in Highland Park High School in Illinois thought that it was offensive to dress up like Jesus for halloween. A boy dressed up like him and in response, the school claimed he was promoting religion.

#1-ClownsClowns are the highest rated ban this halloween because of current events happening in our country. Clowns are now seen as dangerous from their history of pranking people but in some pranks, funny isn’t funny but instead, scary. Some people who wear clown costumes, go around their cities scaring people while others take it too far by carrying knives, baseball bats, guns, hammers, and other weapons. These clowns tend to chase people and frightful civilians bring clown masks with the on day to day life to protect themselves. People have used masks resembling clowns to commit criminal/illegal acts.

1 Comment

One Response to “Costumes That Are Banned”

1. robart wheat newton on November 2nd, 2016 1:49 pm

hello

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Costumes That Are Banned

Showcase

JAMES CLEMENS SWEEPS SECTION 4 CLASS 7A SECTION TRACK &FIELD CHAMPIONSHIP

• Costumes That Are Banned

School News

Staying Alive During AP Exams

• Costumes That Are Banned

Showcase

JAMES CLEMENS TRACK TEAM SWEEPS THE HUNTSVILLE METRO CHAMPIONSHIP

• Costumes That Are Banned

Showcase

Hacks to Being More Successful

• Costumes That Are Banned

Showcase

St. Patrick’s Day

• Costumes That Are Banned

Creative Corner

6 Plants to Grow for a Beginner Gardener

• Costumes That Are Banned

People of JC

Baseball and Softball Promos by JetsPress

• Costumes That Are Banned

People of JC

Clubs and Why They Help You in High School

• Costumes That Are Banned

Opinion

What to do During Spring Break

• Costumes That Are Banned

Around Huntsville

UAH Charger Con!

Costumes That Are Banned