Students thinking globally, reporting locally

JETStream

December 2, 2016

James Clemens High School Announcements 12/2/16
James Clemens High School
Home of the Jets
Announcements
Friday, December 2, 2016
Buzzword: fortuitous—adv.—occurring by accident.
Quote of the Day: If you vision doesn’t cost you something then it is a daydream.

1. Any senior wanting their baby picture to be included in the yearbook, please bring a copy to room A127 or email it in JPEG form to Mr. Combs. The deadline for pictures is December 16th.

2. Fall Semester Final Exam Schedule: Blocks 1 and 2 will be Thurs., Dec. 15. Blocks 3 and 4 will be on Fri., Dec. 16 during regular scheduled blocks 1 and 2. School will dismiss on Fri. Dec. 16 at 11:45 a.m. Student return for the Spring Semester on Thurs. January 5th, 2017. Deadline for tests for Fall Semester is Monday, December 12th.

3. STUDENT CHECK OUTS DURING EXAMS: Thursday, Dec.15th will be an exam day for 1st and 2nd block classes. Please note that this is a full day of school. Students will be reviewing for exams in their 3rd and 4th block classes. Students who wish to check-out after their exams will need to provide a written parent excuse to the attendance office. These notes will be due no later than Friday, Dec. 9th. No exceptions. Per school policy there will be no phone calls or notes accepted on Dec. 15th or Dec. 16th for check-outs. Parents will have to come to the school to check their student out.Please be aware that we will not interrupt exams for check-outs. Therefore all check-outs will have to occur at the end of the block.

4. Fall semester final exam exemption applications are now available in the guidance area. All applications for final exams are due Thursday, December 8.

5. JC Jet Theatre will compete in the State Trumbauer Competition Friday, Dec. 2nd and Sat. Dec. 3rd.

6. Schedule change requests for spring semester are over and no longer being taken by counselors.

7. Medical Mysteries for the Fall semester 2016 will be held on November 30th and December 1st and 2nd. Please contact us using information on our posters located on the walls by the Harvard room. Thanks a bunch folks- Mrs. Williams Pre-AP Biology students.

8. Next Friday, there will be a “ blue out” for the Bob Jones basketball games at home. Carolina t-shirts will be sold in the landing starting today through next Wednesday. They are only $10 and they say “WE ARE JC.” Let’s have a great student turnout and let’s show up “Loud and Proud” in our JC shirts!

9. BB: Fri. here vs. Sparkman at 4:30.