JETStream

Filed under Creative Corner

The Note that said “Run”

editor’s note: may not be for the faint-hearted,

It was 9:47 am on a Thursday, and like everyone else I was on social media and listening to music without the teacher noticing. I was trying to act like I was paying attention to Mrs. Jane’s big blob of algorithms or graphs– I honestly couldn’t tell what it was or cared much. I couldn’t wait to go home and binge sitcoms on Netflix while stuffing my face with potato chips.

All of a sudden, the lights went off… screams of agony were coming from students all around me… it was unbearable. The worst part was the class was completely dark, and there was not a single shred of light coming in from what was a sunny day. I made sure to be silent and turned off my phone as soon as I heard the screams. It then stayed dark for about 5 minutes, and the lights finally came on.

The classroom was completely barren, I could neither see my teacher or classmates. However, their stuff such as books and paper as well as the phones were still there except scattered around everywhere. Windows showed the entrance and everything around it in flame, raging rapidly. Tons of bloodstains were almost everywhere in the room– it was a gruesome sight, yet there was no sight of bodies or such which I found very weird and disturbing. I looked into a nearby window and saw a glimpse of myself with blood splashed all over my face. There was a sticky note thinly hanging by the corner on the center of the window. I wasn’t able to see clearly out of my bloody glasses, so I had to go closer to see. The note said “Run”. Right then, glass shattered all over me as a red hand with nails dripping with blood was trying to claw me with all its might. I almost immediately ran through the door leading to the main hallway.

The floors had crater like holes in them, I looked above to see crater openings on the ceilings coming from a red sky. I ran skillfully alongside the holes avoiding them. Suddenly a hooded figure landed in front of me. He had horns and 3 eyes along with a sinister smile curling on his lips. I got scared… then I fell down the hole while stepping back.

TO BE CONTINUED