Departing Jet Spotlight February Edition: Dhanvi Kantamneni

Simply put, Dhanvi Kantamneni is the funniest and semi-kindest student you’ll ever meet in the halls of James Clemens. Dhanvi participated in the track team while handling the heavy load of his AP classes and his biomedical internship, a feat not many students can accomplish successfully. To add on the compliments, Dhanvi is an extrovert and is really easy to talk to. You never see him not talking with someone in the halls or helping out a student in need.

I caught up with Dhanvi as he just came from his internship at Huntsville Hospital to talk about his future goals and much more.

What was your biggest obstacle in high school and how did you go about solving it?

Dhanvi: The biggest obstacle for me in high school was definitely getting my priorities straight. I would always prioritize going out or sleeping over school work and this made me work so much harder than I should have.

What clubs are you involved in? Tell me a little about them.

Dhanvi: The only club I was ever involved in was the math team. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. Everyone in there was smarter than you and made sure you knew it. It was a learning experience for sure.

How was your experience with the track team? Any accomplishments?

Dhanvi: The track team was definitely one of the highlights of my high school career. It is one of the closest knit and supportive groups at James Clemens and being a part of it allowed me to become a more outgoing person in general. As for my accomplishments, I don’t have many. Um I think I got 3rd place in a spelling bee like 9 years ago.

3rd place? I didn’t even place, I misspelled rabies in the first round. That’s still an accomplishment man. Anyways, tell me a little about your future plans. Where do you plan to go to college? What major?

Dhanvi: In a perfect world, my future goals would be to become a dentist. Despite this, I’m a realist and plan on majoring in business to be safe in case the med school stuff doesn’t work out in my favor.

Do you have any hobbies and interests?

Dhanvi: I think I can speak for most high schoolers when I say my hobbies are sleeping and watching Netflix. I also enjoy playing basketball and listening to Awwsome by Shy Glizzy.

Favorite class at JC? What will you miss most about JC?

Dhanvi: My favorite class in high school was PreAP Chemistry with Mrs. Bohatch. As for what I’ll miss most, it’s definitely the football games and the sense of unity they project.

Thank you Dhanvi for your time. Would you like to give some advice for underclassmen as they go through high school?

Dhanvi: My advice for underclassmen would be to keep up with your school work, participate in clubs, make as many connections as you can, and never be afraid to ask others for help.